Sunday, May 12, 2019

And Then There Were Three

Elaine Sadie Brancato Foster is known to me as Mommy. I’ve written about her often because there is much to say about that great woman. She sacrificed her own wants and needs for the best of her three children and husband.  She was funny and kind but her three most important life lessons to me were to put God first, to show hospitality to all, and to forgive regardless of the pain inflicted on her or those she loved. I am grateful to our God for placing me in her arms nearly 69 years ag



Last year I had the privilege to share Mother’s Day with two new mothers on this earth. One year later, as they approach their second Mother’s Day celebration, it seems appropriate to tell the world how honored I am to be their mother.



I have watched these two women grow into their role of motherhood with Grace and Love. They are attentive to the needs of their children, and, like all good mothers, sacrifice their own time, energy and money for the well-being of their own. I watch them teach and play with joy. They are rightly proud of their children’s accomplishments and they ache when their children are hurting.  They pray for their children and seek guidance of His Wisdom as they raise these little ones in His ways. They love unconditionally, even as my own mother loved me.

As I received the gift of my mother, I am also gifted to watch Rebecca and Annie lean into God to fulfill their vocation with their entire being.

And now there are three, whom I love, celebrate and honor on this Mother’s Day.













To share your thoughts or comments, click on the '(numeral) comments' link below and next to "posted by Cheryl Ann Wills.' I would love to hear from you!

No comments: