Monday, October 6, 2008

It All Begins Today

Have you been wondering when the best part of your life will start? Wonder no more. It’s today! Credible sources have reported that each person who has believed this, has seen positive changes in their life from that moment forward.

Personally, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by quite a few events that seem to be tumbling and rumbling all around me lately. Starting with the world economy, trickling right down into the members of our extended and immediate family. I hate to admit I was even feeling a bit crushed by them all.

Just as I was slipping deep into that dreaded state of d (hate to even write out the word) in the form of yet another nap after I had had enough sleep, a still small voice reminded me of the recent headline, It All Begins Today, and the article following. I made a decision right then: I do not want all this ‘garbage’ of life to get me down. In fact, I decided, it is because of the garbage, that I cannot allow that to happen.

So, I got up from my chair, forced myself onto the elyptical to get my blood coursing quickly through my veins rather than slowly dripping, put on some classical CDs, sat down for a quiet time with God to re-focus, and then wrote out my affirmations.

In other words, I woke myself up and re-set my head and heart. I reminded myself of the hopes and dreams He placed within me and saw them again as though they already were. And I smiled. And then set out to work the plans to reach those goals I made with Him. And in doing this part, I can relax when I pray and trust God to work all the stuff I can’t do a thing about.

How can I now move forward like this? Because the best part of my life begins today. And it can only begin with me!

1 comment:

God is my Co-Pilot said...

Thanks for reposting this blog. I too feel some of the same feelings. I have been working on affirmations and am working on having more conversations with God. The world we live in today is scary, but we can pray that things will get better. We must believe it will. Love you cousin......... :)